Saturday, May 1, 2010

Los Angeles - Universal Studios

What is a trip to LA without a visit to one of the movie studios. This is Tinseltown - the land of movie star factories and movie making.






There are more than a dozen motion picture studios in LA ranging from the well-known Disney, Universal, Fox, Warner Bros, Paramount, Columbia, MGM, to the obscure Ren-Mar, Raleigh and Sunset-Gower.


I only managed one- Universal Studios and it was one fun place to be in.




I love the palm trees that line the streets in LA everywhere










One of the best rides at Universal Studios :)




















The Studio Tour takes you behind the scenes to these movie sets and it's one of the most exciting part of visiting the Movie Studio.




Going down Wisteria Lane, the movie set for Desperate Housewives








On the set of War of the Worlds






On the set of Waterworld





Fluffy Friends :)










Love the view :)




Yhey staged a real fire event indoors- scary but cool!








I underestimated the House of Horror. Who are you kidding? This is Hollywood's Universal Studio! The makeup and effects are so real it was like walking into a nightmare that was never-ending. I kept wanting the journey to end but this H.O.H takes you through all the different monsters and serial killers that you can think of in the movies- Frankenstein, Mummies, Serial Killers, etc.....
OMG! I was screaming all the way to the tunes of laughter of my friends laughing at me. And the monsters in there started "attacking" me or picking on me all the time because I was the screaming one. They literally come and get you! And that scared the s*it out of me as I was already so hyped up and the soundtracks that they played inside didn't help either.
Hey, but at the end of the day, it was a funny and memorable experience. I ran around my friends and tore one of their rain coats (it was raining on the day when we were at the movie studio, booo!) and I accidentally hit my friend's front tooth with the butt of the umbrella in my hand while I was being chased by the dressed up monsters (they honestly look very real!) and I was running around my friends using them as my shield against the monsters. Such a loser of me! haha. 

Now I wished I could have posed and taken some pictures with the monsters. Ok, so I googled it to look for some images and what do you know, here's one of them- The Class of Horrors 2009. There's definitely more to these. And they look hell'uva scarier when it is dark inside with the smoke machines and the scary soundtrack.

One of them that was stationed right at the end of the H.O.H (I think it might be the second one from the left) actually came out into the exit and peeked at me as I was running out of the place screaming for life. Ahh the memories are just awesome and I would do it all over again...... but not alone ;P

Moving on to a happier note, we ended the day with some shopping :)




I love Woody Woodpecker cartoon when I was young


One of my favourite tv series - 90210. I love watching this series and identifying all the LA spots that I have been to on the trip.



The Vampire Diaries <3

After an all day movie studio event, we drove back to Hollywood, LA on the 101 Fwy South

in LA traffic

No comments:

Post a Comment