Saturday, May 1, 2010

Los Angeles - Hollywood Hills

One of my favourite things to do in LA is driving around the Hollywood Hills. Hollywood is pretty awesome when you are up in the hills. Some of the movie that I watched recently- Spread with Ashton Kutcher in it showed some spectacular Hollywood Hills mansions with some awesome views in it.

One of the famous signs in the world and so easily recognisable. I was so stoked to see this sign that I honestly stood still for a couple of moments just snapping away at this sign, as I couldn't believe that I was actually standing in front of it and looking at it in real life, as opposed to seeing in on tv. Even the GPS has directions that will take you right to the spot where you can see it clearly. And it's right in the middle of some residential area. I thought that was pretty sick, walking out of your house each day looking straight at the HOLLYWOOD sign.

However, I think there is another great location to see this sign also, which is at the Griffith Observatory below.

I definitely LOVE LOVE LOVE this awesome observatory, located up on the southern slope of Mount Hollywood, just above the Loz Feliz neighbourood and they have some pretty awesome running trails also leading up to the observatory.


Snow capped mountain range beyond from Mount Hollywood

A view of the Hollywood sign from the Griffith Observatory on Mount Hollywood

View of LA city from The Griffith Observatory

This LA icon is dedicated to the astronomy field and this planetarium has an extensive science and space display.










On the front lawn of the observatory, a 40-foot-high Astronomers Monument featuring Copernicus, Hipparchus, Galileo, Kepler, Newton and Herschel stands majestically.

The bust of James Dean commemorating the actor's nearby knife fight in "Rebel Without a Cause" 


This is definitely one of my favourite LA spots to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment