Saturday, May 1, 2010

Los Angeles - LA Grand Tour


One of the best ways to tour around LA is to take a city guided tour. I decided to take up one of this guided tours so that I can see most of the attractions in LA without having to worry about driving, parking, traffic etc.. and with this tour, you will get to see most of LA and then you can always go back again later.

In LA, you will definitely need a car to get around and most of the time, you will be travelling on the highways. LA is huge and scattered. And you will definitely need a GPS as a navigator to get around. Traffic on the highway is scary and I have never driven on the left side before. Nevertheless, it is my BIG American Adventure and there's always a first time to everything and I have to say that once you get used to it (driving on the left hand side), it's pretty alright.

And I definitely love driving. In fact, next time when I visit LA again, I will definitely drive around the Hollywood Hills all over again! :)

Here at downtown LA, the famous Staple Centre. Michael Jackson's memorial service was held here a few months prior to my trip. RIP MJ xo

Travelling on one of the highways in LA and we are heading downtown LA.



The LA Philharmonic Walt Disney Concert Hall- One of the highlights of the LA Grand Tour to me. I saw this concert hall picture once and I was so excited to see it in LA when I was there. Also, you will see this landmark in the movie- Valentine's Day and also The Soloist.



Check out the awesome architecture of the building. One of my friends takes amazing architecture photographies and ever since I looked at her pictures of buildings, I have learned to look more closely at the designs of buildings and admiring the work of brilliant architects.


The famous Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood

Hollywood's Walk Of Fame on Hollywood Boulevard

Grauman's Chinese Theatre Forecourt with legendary star's footprints, handprints and signatures immortalised into cement.


Grauman's Chinese Theatre

Kodak Theatre


Inside the forecourt of Kodak Theatre at night





No comments:

Post a Comment