Monday, May 3, 2010

The weight of $20

I received a cheque in the mail for $20 sometime last month. This cheque came as a surprise from my friend Li-Ann who just recently had twin baby boys. 


Charles and Li-Ann welcomed their bundle of joy - Hamish(L) and Luca(R) on the 11th March at 36 weeks and 2 days, 2 minutes apart. They are 2.28 and 2.14kg each- healthy and well!




Speaking of their weight, at the baby shower, Li-Ann got us all to play a guessing game of the babies weight combined at birth. And guess who the winner is? :)


The total combined weight came to 4.42kg and my guess was 4.5kg :) There were two other guesses that came close which were 4.8kg and 4.9kg.


The prize won came from a collective donation from all the girls who participated in the game.


This felt like winning a lottery and I was excited and happy to have won a prize. The prize wasn't all about the winnings. To me, I just felt blessed to be able to see my close friend's first twins being delivered safely and healthy and also, being so lucky to be able to guess the closest combined weight of the twins :)


Congratulations Li and Charles on this beautiful dream and blessings! xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment