Thursday, December 30, 2010

City By The Bay

Remember Full House, the family tv sitcom in the 80s? That is the first thing that came into my mind when I think of San Francisco, besides the Golden Gate Bridge and the lovely Painted Ladies Victorian Houses on Lombard Street.

My travel on the west coast of USA now takes me to the Bay area and to this city. I took a city tour to get familiarise with a few of the tourist spots including the famous prison on Alcatraz Island.

The city tour is definitely a good introduction to the city, although it went by too fast and you don't have much time to explore at all except for a couple of shots from the camera. But you can take the other days to go back to those places that you would like to go back again and explore at your own pace.

The cable cars are definitely a fun way to transport around the city. Shopping central at Union Square comes alive with all the Christmas decorations and lights. But I do find shopping pretty dear in San Fran as they have probably the highest sales tax in the USA.

Fisherman's Wharf is a good place to fulfil your seafood cravings and it was crab season at this time around in December when I was there :)

That's what I was talkin' about! :)

 On Alcatraz Island

 Walking uphill toward The Rock (Alcatraz Prison)

 San Francisco City

 Alcatraz Prison

 Sunset at the Golden Gate Bridge









Breakfast with egg whites and spinach with roasted potatoes

 The famous San Fran trolleys

 Saw a rainbow :)

The painted ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment